Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Be An Encourager: Your Destiny is Still Before You!

Be An Encouager is a group that I contribute to on Facebook that was created by some friends of mine from college. It follows the instruction of Hebrews 3:13: "Encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called ‘Today,’ so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin”.

Have you ever sat and wondered exactly what you were supposed to be doing with your life? Do you feel like you are not where you should be, or even where you want to be right now? I know that I have felt this way on many occasions. And I’m just talking about work and personal life. I haven’t even touched on what I am supposed to be doing for God. I think that we can all agree that God has been a great influence and protector in our lives. But are we really doing everything that God has planned for us? I would say probably not. But here’s the good news. God has a special purpose prepared for each one of us. And He is preparing us to enter into that purpose. How do I know this? Because I know that God prepares His servants to excel at the missions that He sets before them. Remember the story of Joseph in the Bible? He was seventeen years old when he received his dream that his brothers and parents would all bow down to him (Genesis chapter 37). Little did he know that he would be in control of the entire food supply of Egypt; and second in command to Pharaoh. But Joseph had to go through some major challenges before he was mature enough to handle such an important mission. He also had to go through some hardships in order to be in the right place at the right time. Had his brothers not sold him into slavery, Joseph never would have ended up in Egypt where his destiny was.

When I look at my own life, I realize that God has also taken me through some hardships in order to place me where I needed to be. I had no intention of coming to San Antonio, Texas. Yet by being in San Antonio, I have gone through some life experiences that have prepared me for everything that I am doing for God and for my church right now. Now, it’s important for you to understand that I have not yet come completely into my destiny. God is still preparing me. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel a lot better now than I did when I first arrived here in 1997. Back then, I was an alcoholic with a bad attitude and no job. Now I am a minister who is able to tell someone that you can give up your addiction and be the man or woman that God needs you to be. I’m happy to say that I have been completely sober for eight years. Am I perfect? No! Am I better than I was? Yes! Look at your own life. I bet that you can see that God has taken you through some major experiences. I know that you are stronger because of them. And I bet that you are able to be a positive influence on your peers and your communities. The important thing to remember is that you are further along on your journey than you think. And God is still in control of that journey. Just continue to pray and ask for His guidance. And I know that He will answer all of your prayers. How do I know? I know because He answered my prayers.

Peace and Love,

Rev. Mike


Digg!


Back to Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment