Thursday, July 9, 2009

Be an Encourager: You ARE Beautiful!

Be An Encourager is a group that I contribute to on Facebook that was created by some friends of mine from college. It follows the instruction of Hebrews 3:13: "Encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called ‘Today,’ so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin”. This week's post is from Kim Ford, another one of the contributors.

Peace and Love,


What do you see when you look in the mirror? For multiple reasons, far too many people don't like what they see. This happens because some grew up in a dis functional home or were in relationships where all they heard were negative affirmations. "You're too fat", "You'll never be anything", or "You'll never make it without me" may have been heard so much that they started believing it themselves. I have great news for you. You ARE beautiful!

True beauty and confidence lives in the person who pursues Godly character. According to Galatians 5:22-23; 25-26 (The Message), when we live God's way He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears on a tree—things like:

• Affection for others,
• Exuberance about life, serenity.
• We develop a willingness to stick with things,
• A sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people.
• We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to direct our energies wisely.

Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives. That means we will not compare ourselves with each other as if one of us were better and another worse. We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original.

In order to get rid of an unhealthy way of thinking, find out what GOD said about you. In Jeremiah 1:5 AMP, God said "Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

There is no one like you. God put you together precisely. You are distinguished, marked, and uniquely you. He has perfectly, genetically, and distinctly put you together. It was God's purpose and plan for you to have your personality, gender, and nationality. Instead of a devalued, hopeless, and helpless feeling that we are nothing and never will be anything ... our heavenly Father gives us love and counts us so valuable that He sent His only Son to die on a cross so we could live with Him forever.

Look in the mirror and declare: "I am NOT the product of my past or of my environment. I am NOT who other people say I am. I AM who God says I am. I AM who God is calling me to be." Thank God and confess it aloud repeatedly, then watch your image take on the image of your Maker and Savior. Share this and encourage others to let them know "You ARE beautiful!"




Digg!


Back to Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment