Friday, July 17, 2009

Be an Encourager: Hope in the Lord! Be Encouraged!

Be An Encourager is a group that I contribute to on Facebook that was created by some friends of mine from college. It follows the instruction of Hebrews 3:13: "Encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called ‘Today,’ so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin”. This week's post is from Gwaylon (G.D.) Gilbert. Gwaylon is the originator of The Be an Encourager group. His tireless effort to provide encouragement and comfort to others has resulted in a body of believers on Facebook that is over 1800 members strong to date. Congratulations G.D.!

Peace and Love,


Hope in the Lord! Be Encouraged!


“Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” (Isaiah 40:30-31, NIV).

Everyone has times when they feel tired and overwhelmed by the pressures of life. But notice, this scripture gives us a clear remedy: Hope in the Lord. It’s easy to put your hope in other things; maybe you had hope in a relationship, hope in a job, hope in the stock market. It’s time to redirect your hope to the One who will never let you down; the One who never changes, the Rock of Ages.

When you’re tempted to give up on your dreams, when you’re tempted to just settle where you are, listen to that still, small voice of hope on the inside that says, “No way. This is not who I am. I was created to live in victory. I was created to overcome this sickness. I was created to rise above these problems.” Put your hope and trust in the Lord because He is faithful! As you do, He will renew your strength. He’ll cause you to soar on wings like the eagle, and you’ll be empowered to move forward confidently into the victory He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

Father in heaven, today I choose to put my hope in You. I know You have good plans for me. Thank You for renewing my strength and keeping me close to You. Fill me with Your peace and joy today.

In Jesus’ Name. Amen.




Digg!


Back to Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment