Sunday, February 22, 2009

You Are Alive!

I've been talking to some of my old friends from college and high school over the last few weeks. Now I graduated from high school in 1992, and graduated from college in 1997. In some ways, that seems like a long time. In most ways it is not. One of the ways that it is not a long time is in the fact that many of my friends from the past have already passed on. Here is the list:
J.H.- committed suicide (20's)
w.M.- suicide (teenage years)
C.T.- murdered (30's)
K.W.- murdered (20's) 2 years older than me
M.B.- cause of death unknown by me (I don't know how this person died)
C.W.- heart attack (20's)
R.T.- drowned in swimming pool in the third grade
J.P.- cause of death unknown by me (death was last week)

I'm sure that there are others that I don't know about, but I am amazed by the number of people that I know that are no longer here on the earth. It also lets me know that no matter what happens to me from here on out, my life has been a success simply because I'm still here. And so is yours. Let's not waste the time that we have left being angry, holding grudges, or hurting each other. Who knows when someone will be remembering us.

Peace and Love,

Rev. Mike


Digg!


Back to Homepage

1 comment: