Sunday, April 12, 2009

I See God In My Fishtank


Don't worry, I'm not losing it. This does have a point. I recently acquired a twenty gallon aquarium and set it up. A good friend of mine gave me six fish to get me started. Everything was going fine for the first month and then I decided to add about four more fish. Well, let's just say that everything got a little unpredictable after that. I had one fish literally changed colors to show himself as the dominant fish. He then began to kill off the others! The four new fish were all dead within 48 hours. And he even killed one of the original fish and then he and the other four remaining fish stripped the body down to the skeleton! After some research on the Internet, I discovered that the death of some of the fish was unavoidable. You see, even I were to go in and remove the dominant fish, another fish would take over the dominant role within the tank. Then the new dominant fish would exert his or her authority over the tank. It's just the way it is. That's kind of the way life is... Now here I go, so follow me on this.

Our lives are kind of like my aquarium. We are just going along minding our own business when wham! Life comes along and shows it's true colors. The next thing we know, we have lost friends, family, time, patience, and fellowship with God. We can't control everything that happens in our world. But we can control how we react to it. Even though we get attacked by life on a daily basis, we can go to God for relief. The trick is not to try to avoid the pitfalls in life. The trick is to make sure that we have a good relationship with God no matter what our situation. Life is full of hills and valleys. Either you are just coming out of a trial, you are going through a trial, or you are on your way into a trial. There is always going to be something. But as long as we have God on our side, we know that eventually everything will be okay in the end. Even if the end result is death, we have a home in Heaven. My goal with this one is just to let you know that you cannot control everything that happens in your "fishbowl" life. But thankfully, you don't have to. Give up control to God. Today and in the future. And everything is going to be alright in the end.

Peace and Love,

Rev. Mike

picture by michael thompson



Digg!


Back to Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment