Monday, March 23, 2009

The Trinity

I watched the documentary "Religulous" last week. It was exactly what I thought it would be... But I did learn something useful. Our faith teaches us that the Trinity consists of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Chapter three of Matthew shows the greatest example of the Trinity during the baptism of Jesus. You have Jesus in the water with John. You have the Spirit of God descending from heaven in the form of a dove. And you have the Voice of God saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Well, during the movie, I learned another great analogy of the Trinity that you can use in your discussions with believers and non-believers. You are having those discussions... aren't you? Anyway, there was a actor in a passion play that described the possibility of three separate entities being one in this way: Look at water. It can be water, the liquid form. It can be ice, the solid form. And it can be steam, the vapor form. I thought that was a very cool analogy. Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost being compared to water, ice, and steam. So simple, yet I never thought of it that way. Pretty cool, huh?

Peace and Love,

Rev Mike


Digg!


Back to Homepage

1 comment:

  1. I don't always find the time to read things that inspire and uplift me and I thank you for helping me in this manner. Keep up the good work. You may not always know what your words and actions mean to others, but know and believe that they always have an effect.

    Always keep your head up

    K Sid

    ReplyDelete