Thursday, September 24, 2009

Books You Have to Read

I have a couple of books that I am going through right now. The first one was recommended to me by my father in law. I'm about four chapters into it. The second book is part of the curriculum in an Evangelism class that I am taking at a local church. Click on the book titles for more information. I would recommend both books because they will help us in defining what makes us Christians and the examples that we should be as leaders in our homes and our churches.



Here is the synopsis of the first. It's called "The Character of Leadership":

Seminary president Jeff Iorg believes that character, and character development, are essential foundations for effective leaders. In The Character of Leadership, he writes about how God ever shapes character in the life of every leader, and in relation, how continual spiritual formation is a process to which every good leader must pay close attention.

Iorg puts insightful chapter-long emphasis on nine important character-shaping qualities that help readers in “becoming the leader God intends me to be rather than doing the leading God intends me to do.” The nine qualities are: Integrity, Security, Purity, Humility, Servanthood, Wisdom, Discipline, Courage, and Passion.



The second book is called, "What Christians Believe". It is produced by Moody Press. This is an important answer book for everyone, from seeker to long-time believer. It is essential for Christians because it systematically covers the fundamentals of Bible doctrine and Christian living.

What are you guys reading? Shoot me a title and I'll try to check them out.

Peace and Love,





Digg!


Back to Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment