Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm Jumping Back In (RTBIAY)

In an earlier post, I told you about my horrible failure at reading the Bible in a year (RTBIAY). I told you that I stopped in the middle of the book of Ezekiel. Looking back at my notes, I realize that I gave myself too much credit. I actually stopped in the book of Exodus ('aw come on!). After receiving a couple of encouraging comments from that post, I have decided to jump back into reading the Bible in a year. But this time I am going to drag you along with me. Isn't that nice of me? Hopefully tomorrow, I will begin the journey back into RTBIAY and document it on the blog in a weekly post. I remember being disappointed in stopping the first time because I did learn a lot of information in the short time that I did read it. And that is what I want to share with you. I want to pass along the things I learn to you so that you will hopefully get a blessing out of it as well. Feel free to read along with me or tell me where you are in your own RTBIAY program. I thing we will all benefit from it.

See you tomorrow,

Rev. Mike



Digg!

6 comments:

  1. Mike, I was given a daily reading where I can read the bible in a year! I started doing great and now I find myself slacking; but lately I have been awaking every morning and a thug on my mind say grab your bible and I force myself to go back to sleep, but when I am up for the day, I feel like I have been disobeying him, so I needed this blog today Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Latricia,

    Look at my post titled "How I failed at reading the Bible in a Year" as well as the comments section. You will see that a lot of people struggle with it; even though we know that its great information in it. Let's try to keep each other honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rev Mike,
    I missed mine for a few days, but I'm back in it. Jeremiah 31-34 was today's reading. Good stuff! Thanks for the post!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Dan. I think I'm gonna start back around Exodus 30. Keep on the lookout and keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rev. Mike,

    I am a member of a Bible Study group that is methodically reading the Bible page by page. We meet weekly. The program we are in finishes the entire Bible in ten years. One year? Wow! That's a lot of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth,

    I've never heard of a ten year plan. How long ago did you guys start? Where are you in the Bible right now?

    ReplyDelete